Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Trent Parke


Untitled #3 - The Seventh Wave
Trent Parke
2000

Trent Parke's work is somewhat confusing to me.  I couldn't much on why he photographs what he does but I feel as if that's a good thing.  This piece, untitled #3, has a whimsical sense to it without going beyond the borders of possible.  I feel as is this could have been shot from the ground of two figures jumping on a trampoline or off one for that matter.  The way the images are edited make it seem as if the figures are not in a natural environment.  This play between possible and impossible allows the viewer to question the intention of the photographer.  My generation an image like this would probably be produced in photoshop.  This image makes me want to step back from my graphic design indulgences to cut, paste, crop, and edit things but rather be creative enough to sit and contemplate how it could be created naturally.  

No comments:

Post a Comment